Early College High Schools (ECHS) are innovative high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and 60 college credit hours. Early College High Schools:
- provide dual credit at no cost to students
- offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses
- provide academic and social support services to help students succeed
- increase college readiness, and
- reduce barriers to college access.
ECHS Blueprint Benchmarks: (Click on the links for products)
For admissions, the ECHS shall use either a performance-blind, open-access lottery system that encourages and considers applications from all students (all students have an equal opportunity for acceptance, regardless of background or academic performance) or a weighted lottery that favors students who are at risk or who are part of the targeted sub-populations for the ECHS.